1. All flights ________ because of thesnowstorm, many passengers could do nothingbut take the train.
A) had been canceled
B) have been canceled
C) were canceled
D) having been canceled(D)
2. ________ seeing the damage he had done,the child felt ashamed.
3. Remember that customers don’t ________ about prices in that city.
4. Research findings show we spend about two hours dreaming every night, nomatter what we ________ during the day.
A) should have done
B) may have done
C) would have done
D) must have done(C)
5. I hope that you’ll be more careful in typing the letter. Don’t ________ anything.
6. This crop does not do well in soils ________ the one for which it has beenspecially developed.
B) other than
D) rather than(B)
7. “You are very selfish. It’s high time you ________ that you are not the mostimportant person in the world,” Edgar said to his boss angrily.
B) have realized
D) should realize(A)
8. These two areas are similar ________ they both have a high rainfall during thisseason.
A) to that
B) besides that
C) in that
D) except that(C)
9. The tomato juice left brown ________ on the front of my jacket.
10. If I hadn’t stood under the ladder to catch you when you fell, you ________ now.
A) wouldn’t be smiling
B) couldn’t have smiled
C) won’t smile
D) didn’t smile(A)