1. Writing is a slow process, requiring________ thought, time, and effort.
2. ________ right now, she would get thereon Sunday.
A) Would she leave
B) If she leaves
C) Were she to leave
D) If she had left(C)
3. It’s already 5 o’clock now. Don’t you think it’s about time ________?
A) we are going home
B) we go home
C) we went home
D) we can go home(C)
4. Lightning is a ________ of electrical current from a cloud to the ground or fromone cloud to another.
5. Today, ________ major new products without conducting elaborate marketresearch.
A) corporations hardly introduce ever
B) corporations hardly ever introduce
C) hardly corporations introduce ever
D) hardly corporations ever introduce(B)
6. I’ve already told you that I’m going to buy it, ________.
A) however much it costs
B) however does it costs much
C) how much does it cost
D) no matter how it costs(A)
7. New York ________ second in the production of apples, producing 850,000,000pounds this year.
8. Melted iron is poured into the mixer much ________ tea is poured into a cup froma teapot.
A) in the same way like
B) in the same way which
C) in the same way
D) in the same way as(D)
9. By success I don’t mean ________ usually thought of when that word is used.
A) what is
B) that we
C) as you
D) all is(A)
10. I caught a ________ of the taxi before it disappeared around the corner of thestreet.