医院(Hospital)
日常生活中,人们感冒、咳嗽、大病小病常有,这是听力中的常考内容。医生与病人的对话、病人与家属朋友的对话等会涉及到开处方、吃药用药、诊断、慰问等内容,考试也是经常涉及。英语中相关的日常用语主要有:
I have a bad cough and my chest aches.(我咳嗽得厉害并且胸口疼。)
I've sprained my ankle, and I've got a very bad headache.(我脚踝扭了,并且头疼的厉害。)
I have a sore throat and a toothache.(我牙疼并且喉咙痛。)
Do you have any appetite?(胃口好吗?)
You need to take a blood pressure, and then have a blood test.(你先测血压,然后验血。)
I'll have to give you a injection. After that, an urgent operation is necessary.(我先给你打一针,然后动手术。)
We will transfer you to another hospital.(你将转院治疗。)
Take two of these pills after meal, three times a day.(此药一天三次,每次两片,饭后服用。)
I'll give you a prescription.(我给你开个药方吧。)
This bottle of liquid medicine is for external application. (这瓶药水用以外涂。)
请分析下面的对话,体会其在听力中的应用:
D: Now would you lower your shorts?
P: What's that?
D: Just an injection.
P: Will it hurt?
D: Well, it won't hurt me,... There. Now, these pills.
P: Do I need to stay in hospital?
D: I'm afraid you have to.