在餐厅、商店等场合发生的对话是常考点,也是考生必须熟悉的内容。主题通常是关于点菜、介绍菜、评价菜、定房和退房等。以下是一些比较典型的在餐厅中使用的语句:
Have you made reservations?(有没有预定?)
For one or for two, Sir?(一位,还是两位?)
Here or to go?(在这儿吃呢,还是拿走?)
May I have your order, Sir?(先生,现在点菜吗?)
Could we see the menu, please?(请把菜单拿来?)
Which do you prefer, Chinese food or western food?(你喜欢吃中国菜还是西方菜?)
We would like some local specialties.(我们想吃一些特色菜。)
Well, what would you recommend?(嗯,你可以推荐一些菜吗?)
Well, The roast lamb's very delicious!(哇,这烤羊腿吃起来真香!)
How would you like your steak, rare or well done?(喜欢吃嫩牛排,还是稍微烂一点?)
Waiter! the bill, please! Check, please! (买单!)
Let us go Dutch this time, ok?(我们AA制,怎么样?)
请看下面一场顾客和服务生之间的对话:
A: Waiter! The menu, please.
B: Here you are, Miss. Beijing Duck is one of our specialties, and it's very delicious.
A: Thank you, but I'd like to choose myself.
B: Sorry, Miss. But everyone here likes it.
A: I hate the talkative people, and I will eat nothing here.
B: I'm really sorry about it, but...