这是什么味儿?
What's that smell? *完全不清楚时。
What's that smell? (这是什么味儿?)
Oh, no! Something's burning. (噢,不好!是什么糊了吧。)
I wonder what that smell is?
I wonder where that smell is coming from?
什么声音?
What's that noise?
What's that noise? (什么声音?)
It's my alarm clock. (是我的闹钟的声音。)
这是排什么的队?
What is this line for?
What is this line for? (这是排什么的队?)
I have no idea. (我也不知道。)
Why are people lined up? (人们为什么排队?)
打什么鬼主意呢?(你忙什么呢?)
What are you up to? *up to “就某事有……企图”、“打……的坏主意”、“从事……”。
What are you up to tonight? (你今天晚上忙什么?)
Why should I tell you? (我干吗非得告诉你不可?)
What's going on? (是什么呀?)
我可以问一个问题吗?
May I ask you a question?
May I ask you a question? (我可以问一个问题吗?)
Sure, what is it? (当然,什么问题?)
“drowsy”是什么意思?
What does “drowsy” mean?
What does “drowsy” mean? (“drowsy”是什么意思?)
It means “sleepy.” (“drowsy”表示“犯困”。)
这是什么?
What's this?
What's this? (这是什么?)
It's a foldable bed. (这是折叠床。)
那是什么?
What's that?
这是谁的?
Who does this belong to?
Whose is this?
To whom does this belong?
哪一个?
Which one?
That's my car. (那是我的车。)
Which one? (哪辆?)
这叫什么?
What's it called?
What's it called? (这叫什么?)
It's called tempura. (这叫“天麸罗”。)
What do you call it?
这是什么礼物?
What did you get for me? *这种说法不只限于送礼物时。还有“你给我买什么了?”、“你给我带什么来了?”等的语感。
What did you get for me? (是什么礼物?)
I got you a doll. (我给你买了一个娃娃。)