我真不该那样。
I shouldn't have done it. *用“shouldn't have+过去分词”表示类似责备或斥责的心情,“不该……”、“要是没……”。
Oh, no! I shouldn't have done it. (哦,不!我要是不那样就好了。)
What did you do? (你干什么了?)
That was a mistake. (那是一个错误。)
I blew it. (我失败了。)
I wish I hadn't done that.
I really screwed up this time. (这次我真的给弄糟了。)
I really messed up. (我给搞糟了。)
I should have known better. (我早该弄清楚一些。)
我要是不说那话就好了。
I shouldn't have said that. *用于说了不该说的话时。
I shouldn't have said that. (我要是不说那话就好了。)
It's too late now. (现在后悔也晚了。)
I wish I wouldn't have said that.
我早该知道了。
I should have known.
He's married. (他已经结婚了。)
I should have known. (我早该知道了。)
I acted like a fool.
I should have known better. (我早该弄清楚了。)
做那种事,我也太不小心了。
It was careless of me to do so. *careless 表示“没注意的”、“漫不经心的”、“粗心大意的”。
It was thoughtless of me to do such a thing.
It was hasty of me to do so.
I was careless. (我太粗心大意了。)
我后悔我做的事。
I regret doing that.
I regret doing that. (我后悔我做的事。)
I know what you mean. (我明白你的意思。)
I regret my action(s).
I repent my action(s).
I am sorry for what I have done.
我别无选择。
I had no choice.
Why did you drive my car? (你为什么开我的车?)
I had no choice. (我别无他法。)
I couldn't help it.