瞧我桌上堆了一堆的事儿。
There's a lot of work piled up on my desk. *pile up“堆积如山”。
There's a lot of work piled up on my desk. (瞧我桌上堆了一堆的事儿。)
I feel sorry for you. (我真同情你。)
差不多就得了。
We'll fake it. *fake“敷衍,搪塞”。“伪造”,“做假”。
We'll make it up as we go along.
全都做完了。
All done!
I've finished it all.
今天忙了一天。
It's been a long day. *在这句里long不是“长”而是表示“忙”、“辛苦”的意思。
It's time to go home. (该回家了。)
It's been a long day. (今天忙了一天。)
We've worked hard today.
It was a very busy day.
Today was a rough day at work.
我不能为你破例。
I can't make an exception for you. *exception“例外”、“除外”。
外边天都黑了。
It's dark outside already.
It has become dark outside already.
It's already dark out.
就干到这儿吧。
Let's finish up. *“(工作等事)告一段落”、“到此为止”。
I'm so tired. Let's finish up. (我太累了,今天就到这里吧。)
Good idea. Let's go home. (好主意,那我们回家吧。)
Let's call it a day! (今天就到这里吧。)
Let's go home! (我们回家吧。)
正好工作刚做完。
I've just finished work.
I've just finished work. (正好工作刚做完。)
Let's go for drink. (那我们去喝一杯吧。)
I just got off work.
I've just finished working.
今天发工资。
Today's payday. *payday“发工资的日子”。
Today's payday! (今天发工资。)
Oh, yeah? I forgot all about it. (是吗?我都忘得一干二净了。)