别丢人现眼了!
Don't make a fool of yourself.
I'm going to dance. (我想去跳舞。)
Don't make a fool of yourself. (别丢人现眼了!)
Don't play the fool.
Don't make an ass out of yourself.
Stop acting like a fool.
分清场合。
Think about where you are.
You should consider where you are.
你也不看看你多大了。
Act your age. *一般用在父母等上年纪的人教育年轻人时。“做和自己年龄相符的举止、行为”。
How do you like my new red skirt? (你觉得我这条新的红裙子怎么样?)
Act your age. (你也不看看你多大了。)
You should act your age. *比较温和的说法。
Behave in accordance with what is expected of your age!
You should behave more maturely. (你该表现得更成熟些。)
You shouldn't act like a child. (别像个孩子似的。)
你想得也太天真了。
Your view is too optimistic. *optimistic “乐观的”,“乐天派的”。
你的想法太不现实了。
You should get your head out of the clouds. *直译是“你应该把你的脑袋从云中伸出来”,即“你的想法太不实际了,回到现实中吧”。
You should get your head out of the clouds. (你的想法太离谱了。)
Maybe you're right. I should try to be more down-to-earth. (也许你是对的。我该更现实点儿。)
You aren't being realistic.
You should be more logical. *logical “符合逻辑的”、“道理上讲得通的”。
别再重复这种愚蠢的错误了。
Don't make such stupid mistakes again! *make a mistake 惯用语, “出错”。
Don't make such stupid mistakes again! (不要重复这种愚蠢的错误。)
I won't, I won't. (不会了,不会了。)
You should be more careful! (你应该多加小心。)
Don't make dumb mistakes again!